Print

CRRSA and ARP Acts Transparency Requirements

CRRSA and ARP Acts
Accountability and Transparency Website Reporting Requirements
January-June 2021

The Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSA Act) and the American Rescue Plan Act (ARP Act) provides emergency funds for students financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Requirements can be accessed at: https://ifap.ed.gov/electronic-announcements/050620HigherEdEmergencyReliefFundRptg

The Department of Education encourages institutions to report as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after the publication of this notice (05/13/21) or 30 days after the date the Department first obligated funds under HEERF I, II, or III to the institution for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students, whichever comes later.

Accordingly, the following information must appear in a format and location that is easily accessible to the public. This information must also be updated no later than 10 days after the end of each calendar quarter (September 30, December 31, March 31, and June 30) thereafter, unless the Secretary specifies an alternative method of reporting:

Requirement Action
An acknowledgment that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used the applicable amount of funds designated under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. Southeastern Illinois College acknowledges that the institution signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement on April 21, 2020, under the CARES Act. This signed agreement carries through to the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) programs. The institution provides assurance that the College has used, or intends to use the applicable amount of the funds designated under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) programs to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. No funds will be received under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(4) programs as these are for proprietary schools.
The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs. According to the institution's Certification and Agreement, Southeastern Illinois College received $230,274.00 under CRRSAA and (a)(1) and $1,370,527.00 under the ARP (a)(1) programs from the Department of Education for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students. No funds will be received under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(4) programs as these are for proprietary schools.
The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the date of the initial report and every calendar quarter thereafter). As of June 30, 2021, Southeastern Illinois College has distributed $230.274.00 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under the CRRSAA (a)(1) program and $0.00 under the ARP (a)(1) program. No funds will be received under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(4) programs as these are for proprietary schools.
The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs. Approximately 1300
The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs. As of June 30, 2021, 567 students have received Emergency Financial Aid Grants under the CRRSAA (a)(1) programs and 0 students under the ARP (a)(1) programs. No funds will be received under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(4) programs as these are for proprietary schools.
The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs. Southeastern Illinois College determined the degree seeking and certificate seeking students enrolled with a current FAFSA at the onset of the Spring 2021 semester. Of those students, students receiving Pell received 60% of the $230,274 CRRSAA funds with non-Pell recipients receiving the remaining 40%. Pell recipients received automatic award of $505 and non-Pell recipients received automatic awards of $314. No funds will be received under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(4) programs as these are for proprietary schools.
Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants. Student Grant Awards Email (to recipients only)
Student CRRSAA Funds Consent Form (for recipients only)

Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting
ArrowMarch 31, 2021, Budget
ArrowJune 30, 2021, Budget