Current SIC students automatically get an Microsoft Office 365 email account and can also install Office 365 ProPlus and OneDrive for Business. This service is free because of Microsoft's Student Advantage program.
What this means:
- Your O365 email account will be one of the primary methods for electronic communication between you and the college.
- You can download and install the latest version of Office on up to five PCs or Macs, and five tablets (iPad) and access Office mobile applications on iPhone and Android phones. (Office Mobile applications are included with all Windows phones).
*Access and Publisher are available on PCs only. OneNote for Mac is available as a separate download from the Mac App Store.
- It includes 1 terabyte (TB) of OneDrive for Business storage per user, for schoolwork and homework.
How to sign up:
- You are automatically signed up when your O365 Falcon Mail account is created. Your email is created after you have registered for classes and are a current student..
- Install office software (if desired)
*32-bit version of Office is installed on your PC by default, even if your computer is running a 64-bit version of Windows.
- Activate by signing in using your Falcon Mail and new Office 365 password. See account setup web page for the your default password information. www.sic.edu/setup
- Once logged in, click the Install Office button in the upper right.
*Launch one of the installed applications. If you see your username (Falcon Mail) in the upper right hand corner you have successfully activated your subscription.
What happens after you graduate:
Your Office 365 subscription through your institution ends upon graduation. You may enroll into other consumer or commercial offers available. If you have Office 365 Education at your school, you should make sure to transfer all your files from your school OneDrive to your personal OneDrive prior to graduation.
Minimum system requirements for Office 365:
To install Office 365 Education for Students, your PC or Mac must meet the minimum system requirements. View the system requirements.
Number of devices included in subscription and what to do if more devices need to be added:
Office can be installed on up to five PC or Mac computers and 5 mobile devices.
If you've already installed the latest version of Office with Office 365 on five computers that you use and you want to install Office on a sixth computer, you can do that by first deactivating an installation on one of your current computers.
In Office 365, go to Office 365 Settings > Software > Office. Click Deactivate next to the computer you want to deactivate the installation from.
- If you’re experiencing issues trying to install Office on your PC or Mac, see Troubleshoot Office installation with Office 365 for business.
- Contact Microsoft