Employee Account Setup
NEW Employees should follow steps below to setup their accounts. If you are a student worker, please see Student Worker Account Setup on menu at left.
CURRENT employees who need a password reset should use the Forgot My Password feature under Password Management on the MySIC homepage.
Preparation Steps (ideally, steps 1- 3 occur prior to your start date):
1. Complete your paperwork with Human Resources.
2. Human Resources will submit an account request on your behalf to IT.
3. IT will email your supervisor account information.
4. Obtain your account information from your supervisor.
Activate your login and password from an off-campus computer:
1. Use these steps when activating your login accounts from off-campus. If you are activating your login from a campus computer use those steps instead.
2. Navigate to the MySIC using the link at the top of the sic.edu home page.
3. If on a mobile device and site asks you Mobile Site or Desktop Site, choose Desktop Site (not Mobile Site).
4. Enter your user name (first.last) as provided in the email to your supervisor and your temporary password in Password and click Login.
5. You will be prompted to re-enter your temporary password and enter a new 15 character or longer pass phrase into the next two lines. You should never use this same password on any other sites besides those owned or operated by SIC.
6. Then click Continue.
7. Enter an alternate email address - something other than your @sic.edu email address.
8. Answer the challenge questions. Carefully, enter Date of Birth as MMDDYYYY with no punctuation or delimiters.
9. Click Continue.
10. If you are taken back to the MySIC Home screen, you have successfully setup your new password and challenge questions.
Activate your login and password from a campus computer:
1. Use these steps when activating your login accounts from a campus computer.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete like normal to login.
3. Type in your user name and temporary password provided in email to your supervisor and press Enter. You will receive a message that you must change your password. Click OK.
4. Your temporary password will be pre-populated on the first line.
5. Enter a new 15 character or longer pass phrase on the following two lines. Press Enter. You should never use this same password on any other sites besides those owned or operated by SIC.
6. If successful, you will see a message saying your password has been changed.
7. Navigate to MySIC using the links at the top of the sic.edu home page to setup your challenge questions for future password resets.
8. Enter your user name (first.last - same as above) and your newly created password in Password. Click Login.
9. Enter an alternate email address - something other than your @sic.edu email address.
10. Answer the challenge questions. Carefully, enter Date of Birth as MMDDYYYY with no punctuation or delimiters.
11. Click Continue.
12. If you are taken back to the MySIC Home screen, you have successfully setup your new password and challenge questions.
Create your txtSIC account (optional:)
1. Click txtSIC link in top header of SIC homepage.
3. Create Username: Key in same user name as above (first.last)
4. Enter your First and Last name in those text boxes.
5. Enter your password: (use your new password set in above step)
6. Check SIC Employees under Optional Groups
7. Check - Agree to Terms of Service
. Your cell phone number is not sold or provided to other outside entities.
8. Click Create Account
9. Mobile Phone (TXT): include your area code and do not enter dashes, i.e. 6181234567
10. Select Carrier from the drop down.
*Note: Straight Talk customers should use Verizon. If your carrier does not work, try Other.
12. If your account was created successfully, you will receive a text message on your phone within a few minutes containing an activation code.
13. Key in the activation code sent to your phone. The status should change to Active.
14. You can Cancel your service by texting STOP to 79516 or reply to any alert with the text STOP.
Request your Jenzabar One or Website Content Management System Account (if applicable):
1. Have your supervisor submit a support request describing your access needs.
1. Obtain copier code from your supervisor.
2. Submit a support request to setup a time with IT support staff to configure your network printers.
3. IT will meet with you to set up printers (you must be present).