Student Account Setup/Reset
Please ALLOW 24 HOURS after registering for classes before attempting to setup your accounts.
New and returning students should use the instructions below to setup your accounts.
Former students who do not know their login information to access their unofficial transcripts in MySIC should submit a support request at: www.sic.edu/support.
You will need to know the following information to setup your accounts:
- Your User Name for both Falcon Mail and MySIC is your O365 Falcon Mail Email Address.
- Your Falcon Mail Email Address is your LEGAL first name.last name.last three digits of your Student ID, followed by "@falcon.sic.edu". For example, Sally Smith with Student ID 132743, her User Name is email@example.com.
- Your Falcon Mail/O365 Password (ONLY) is your month and day of birth (including leading zeros) followed by the last four of your SSN (including any leading zeros). Sally Smith, whose birth date is March 5 with an SSN of 111-222-1234, her password is 03051234. Currently, you cannot change your Falcon Mail password without contacting support. However, we will be providing a self-service password reset tool in the future.
Step 1 - Activate Your Falcon Mail(O365) Account
Falcon Mail is a SIC provided email account required for all currently enrolled students. Falcon Mail accounts are not retained or recreated for former students (unless returning).
- Click Falcon Mail link in top header of SIC homepage.
- Key in your SIC Email Address (see above)
- Key in your eight digit Password (Your Birth Date MMDD followed by last 4 of SSN - including any leading zeros)
- Click Sign in to login into your Falcon Mail account. To protect your account, it will be locked after 10 failed login attempts and you will need to contact support to reset your account.
- Once logged in, Click Mail Icon - Select the correct time zone - Click Save.
- Note: this is the same user name and password you will use to access your free version of O365 ProPlus (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Lync, and Publisher on up to five personal devices) while a student at SIC. Note: your O365 account including One Drive data may be deleted one year following your last enrollment at SIC.
- Leave Inbox Open. It will be used in the next step.
- If you need assistance with your accounts, please submit a support request at:www.sic.edu/support
Step 2 – Activate Your MySIC Account
MySIC is a web portal for current and former students where you can register for classes, access your online classes, print your schedule, see financial aid status, view billing information and sign up for payment plans, check your grades and get unofficial transcripts, and more.
- Click MySIC link in top header of SIC homepage.
- Key your SIC Email Address. Key in 1234 in Password. This is to get you to the Invalid Password screen. Click Login.
- Click I forgot my password link. Click Send New Password to have a temporary MySIC password emailed to your Falcon Mail email account. You might need to refresh your Falcon Mail browser session to receive the new email. If you do not see this link or receive an error, submit a support request using the link at the bottom of page.
- Copy and Paste this temporary password from Falcon Mail into the MySIC password - Click Login. .
- Once logged into MySIC, click Personal Info then Password tab,copy temporary password from your email and enter your password twice to something secure yet easily remembered - click Save.
Step 3 - Signup for Student Printing Services(optional)
Students can print documents for a per page fee;in the SIC library;using the PaperCut system. Find more information on student printing at www.sic.edu/studentprinting. Signup for your PaperCut account by following the steps below.
- Create an account www.sic.edu/print
- Choose the Register as a New User link located under the Log in button
- Fill out the form using your Full Legal Name, your Falcon Mail email for Email Address, SIC User Name (same as your email address without the @falcon.sic.edu) for Username, enter your password twice (we recommend you use the same one as MySIC)
- Select Register
Step 4 - Signup for txtSIC (optional but recommended)
txtSIC is an opt-in text messaging service to notify students of campus closures for weather and other emergencies. Additionally, students may sign up to receive class cancellation notices from their instructor. While SIC does not charge for this service, text message charges may apply based on your service with your cell phone provider. Note: it is very helpful to have a copy of your schedule available (can be obtained from MySIC) to setup class cancellation notices for your current instructors.
- Click txtSIC link in top header of SIC homepage.
- Click New Account Activation.
- Create Username: Key in your SIC Email Address.
- Key in your Legal First and Last name.
- Password: We recommend you use the same one as you setup for MySIC.
- Optional Groups: select your current instructors to receive their class cancellation notices.
- <Mobile Phone (TXT): Include your area code and do not enter dashes, i.e. 6181234567
- Select Carrier from the drop down.
*Note: Straight Talk customers should use Verizon, if your carrier does not work, try Other.
- Check Agree to Terms of Service. Your cell phone number is not sold or provided to outside entities.
- Click Create Account
- If your account was created successfully, you will receive a text message on your phone within a few minutes containing an validation code.
- Key validation code into the resulting web page and click Validate to activate your account. Status should change to Active.
- Each semester login to txtSIC to update your instructor notifications under the Groups tab.
- If you forget your txtSIC password, use the Forgot username? link. Enter your cell phone number including area code. Your username and temporary password will be sent to your phone. You can change it to something more easily remembered under the Account tab once logged in.
- You can change your cell number or service provider by using the Services tab and click Change Status.
- You can cancel your txtSIC service by texting STOP to 79516 or reply to any alert with the text STOP.
For technical assistance, please submit a support request at: www.sic.edu/support