Student Account Setup
Note: You must wait at least one business day after initial registration to setup your accounts.
Step 1 – Activate Your Falcon Mail Account
Falcon Mail is a SIC provided email account required for all students.
- Click Falcon Mail link in top header of SIC homepage.
- Click Activate/Reset Your Account
- Key in your SIC Student ID Number from your Student ID Card or class schedule.
- Key in your SIC Email Address (Your legal first.lastname, i.e, email@example.com).
- Key in the last four digits of your SSN. If this does not work, you may not have provided the college with your SSN.
- Key in your Password (it must be at least 6 characters and a max of 10) twice.
- Click Submit. If you receive an error, submit a support request using the link at bottom of page.
- Click Login link and login into your Falcon Mail account using your first.last name and the password you set.
- Leave Falcon Mail Open. It will be used in the next step.
Step 2 – Activate Your MySIC Account
MySIC is a student web services portal where you can register for classes, print your schedule, see financial aid status, view billing information and sign up for payment plans, check your grades and get unofficial transcripts, and more.
- Click MySIC link in top header of SIC homepage.
- Key your Student ID Number in the MySIC User Name. Key in 1234 in Password. This is to get you to the Invalid Password screen. Click Login.
- Click I forgot my password link. Click Send New Password to have a temporary MySIC password emailed to your Falcon Mail email account. Be sure to refresh your Falcon Mail browser session to receive the new email. If you do not see this link or receive an error, submit a support request using the link at the bottom of page.
- Copy and Paste this temporary password from Falcon Mail into the MySIC password. Once logged in to MySIC, we recommend changing your password to same as Falcon Mail using the Personal Info link next to your name.
Step 3 – Activate Your Online Class Login (Needed for any classes where location is listed as "Web")
If you are taking an online class for the first time, you will need to complete the steps below.
- Click Online Class link in top header of SIC homepage.
- Key your SIC Student ID Number in the Username box.
- Key last 4 digits of your SSN in the Password box.
- The system will then prompt you to change your password upon your initial login.
*Tip: We recommend using the same password for your online classes that you use for your Falcon Mail and My.SIC accounts.
Step 4 – Signup for txtSIC (optional)
txtSIC is an opt-in text messaging service to notify students of campus closures for weather and other emergencies. Additionally, students may sign up to receive class cancellation notices from their instructor. While SIC does not charge for this service, text message charges may apply based on your service with your cell phone provider. Note: it is very helpful to have a copy of your schedule available (can be obtained from MySIC) to setup class cancellation notices for your current instructors.
- Click txtSIC link in top header of SIC homepage.
- Click New Account Activation.
- Create Username: Key in your Student ID Number
- Password: We recommend you use the same one as you setup for Falcon Mail and MySIC.
- Mobile Phone (TXT): Include your area code and do not enter dashes, i.e. 6181234567
- Select your Carrier from the drop down.
*Tip: Alltel customers should choose “Alltel (Alternate)” as carrier.
- Optional Groups: select your instructors to receive their class cancellation notices.
- Opt-Out-Date: We recommend a safe estimate of your time here at SIC.
- Check Agree to Terms of Service. Your cell phone number is not sold or provided to outside entities.
- Click Create Account
- If your account was created successfully, you will receive a text message on your phone within a few minutes containing an validation code.
- Key the validation code sent to your phone into the resulting web page and click Validate to activate your account.
- Each semester login to txtSIC to update your instructor notifications under the Groups tab.
- If you forget your txtSIC password, use the Forgot username? link. Enter your cell phone number including area code. Your username and temporary password will be sent to your phone. You can change it to something more easily remembered under the Account tab once logged in.
- You can change your cell number or service provider by using the Services tab and click Change Status.
- You can cancel your txtSIC service by texting STOP to 79516 or reply to any alert with the text STOP.
For technical assistance, please submit a support request at: www.sic.edu/support