Student Account Setup/Reset
New and returning students should use the instructions below to setup/reset your accounts. Please wait one business day following class registration for your accounts to be ready to activate.
Former students who do not know their login information to access their unofficial transcripts in MySIC should submit a support request at: www.sic.edu/support.
Step 1 – Activate/Reset Your Falcon Mail Account
Falcon Mail is a SIC provided email account required for all currently enrolled students. You will not be able to create your Falcon Mail account until you are currently enrolled. Falcon Mail accounts are not retained or recreated for former students.
- Click Falcon Mail link in top header of SIC homepage.
- Click Activate/Reset Your Account
- Key in your SIC Student ID Number from your Student ID Card or class schedule.
- Key in your SIC Email Address (Your legal first.lastname, i.e, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Key in the last four digits of your SSN. If this does not work, you may not have provided the college with your SSN.
- Key in your Password (it must be at least 6 characters and a max of 10) twice.
- Click Submit. If you receive an error, submit a support request using the link at bottom of page.
- Click Login link and login into your Falcon Mail account using your first.last name and the password you set.
- Leave Falcon Mail Open. It will be used in the next step.
Step 2 – Activate/Reset Your MySIC Account
MySIC is a web services portal for current and former students where you can register for classes, print your schedule, see financial aid status, view billing information and sign up for payment plans, check your grades and get unofficial transcripts, and more.
- Click MySIC link in top header of SIC homepage.
- Key your Student ID Number in the MySIC User Name. Key in 1234 in Password. This is to get you to the Invalid Password screen. Click Login.
- Click I forgot my password link. Click Send New Password to have a temporary MySIC password emailed to your Falcon Mail email account. Be sure to refresh your Falcon Mail browser session to receive the new email. If you do not see this link or receive an error, submit a support request using the link at the bottom of page.
- Copy and Paste this temporary password from Falcon Mail into the MySIC password. Once logged in to MySIC, we recommend changing your password to same as Falcon Mail using the Personal Info link next to your name.
Step 3 – Activate Your Online Class Login (Needed for any classes where location is listed as "Web" on your schedule.)
If you are taking an online or hybrid class for the first time, you will need to complete the steps below:
- Click Online Class link in top header of SIC homepage.
- Key your SIC Student ID Number in the Username box.
- Key last 4 digits of your SSN in the Password box. If the last 4 digits of your SSN doesn't work, use the last 4 digits of your SIC Student ID Number.
- The system will then prompt you to change your password upon your initial login.
*Tip: We recommend using the same password for your online classes that you use for your Falcon Mail and MySIC accounts.
Step 4 - Signup for Student Printing Services (optional)
Students can print documents for a fee of $.05 per page in the SIC library through the use of a commercial software program called PaperCut. Find more information on student printing at www.sic.edu/studentprinting. Signup for your PaperCut account by following the steps below.
- Create an account www.sic.edu/print
- Choose the Register as a New User link located under the Log in button
- Fill out the form using your ID number as your username and your Falcon Mail as your email address
- Select Register
Step 5 – Signup for txtSIC (optional)
txtSIC is an opt-in text messaging service to notify students of campus closures for weather and other emergencies. Additionally, students may sign up to receive class cancellation notices from their instructor. While SIC does not charge for this service, text message charges may apply based on your service with your cell phone provider. Note: it is very helpful to have a copy of your schedule available (can be obtained from MySIC) to setup class cancellation notices for your current instructors.
- Click txtSIC link in top header of SIC homepage.
- Click New Account Activation.
- Create Username: Key in your Student ID Number
- Key in your First and Last name.
- Password: We recommend you use the same one as you setup for Falcon Mail and MySIC.
- Optional Groups: select your current instructors to receive their class cancellation notices.
- Mobile Phone (TXT): Include your area code and do not enter dashes, i.e. 6181234567
- Select Carrier from the drop down.
*Note: Alltel customers should choose “Alltel (Alternate)” as carrier, Straight Talk customers should use Verizon, if your carrier does not work, try Other.
- Check Agree to Terms of Service. Your cell phone number is not sold or provided to outside entities.
- Click Create Account
- If your account was created successfully, you will receive a text message on your phone within a few minutes containing an validation code.
- Key validation code into the resulting web page and click Validate to activate your account. Status should change to Active.
- Each semester login to txtSIC to update your instructor notifications under the Groups tab.
- If you forget your txtSIC password, use the Forgot username? link. Enter your cell phone number including area code. Your username and temporary password will be sent to your phone. You can change it to something more easily remembered under the Account tab once logged in.
- You can change your cell number or service provider by using the Services tab and click Change Status.
- You can cancel your txtSIC service by texting STOP to 79516 or reply to any alert with the text STOP.
For technical assistance, please submit a support request at: www.sic.edu/support