Ways to Give
There are many different ways and many different vehicles to make a gift to the Southeastern Illinois College Foundation in support of Southeastern Illinois College: Annual Cash Gifts, Bequests, Charitable Lead Trust, Charitable Remainder Trust, Life Estate Retained, Life Insurance, Living Trust, Annuities, Real Estate and Securities. Every gift makes a difference; every gift is appreciated.
Gifts of cash
Gifts of cash usually take the form of cash, money orders or checks made payable to the Southeastern Illinois College Foundation. Please mail your contribution to:
Southeastern Illinois College Foundation
3575 College Road
Harrisburg, Illinois 62946
A pledge enables a donor to consider a more significant gift than would have been otherwise possible. If you wish, you may make a contribution with payments spread over a period of time. Reminders will be sent about your commitment. To obtain a pledge payment agreement form call (618) 252-5400 Ext. 2482.
The Southeastern Illinois College Foundation's Planned Giving Program allows individuals the opportunity to ensure the financial well-being of Southeastern Illinois College by making gifts that provide a maximum benefit for the College, while decreasing the income tax, estate and gift tax burdens upon their estates and descendants. Philanthropic giving can merge your personal financial needs and tax planning. With the assistance of your tax and legal advisors, Southeastern Illinois College can assist you in making a difference in the future while you gain the greatest benefits today.
- Current Will
- Living Trust
- Life Insurance
- Real Estate
- Retained Life Estate
- Closely Held Stock
- Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
- Charitable Remainder Unitrust
- Charitable Lead Trust
Donations of goods and services are also known as in-kind donations. To make an in-kind gift please contact the SIC Foundation office at (618) 252-5400.
Matching Gift programs can double or even triple your gift to the college. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, please call the SIC Foundation office.
Memorial and Tribute Gifts
Making a gift to the foundation in honor of a family member, mentor, colleague or friend is a thoughtful way to remember someone special and create a living legacy. The Foundation will notify the individual or family of your gift, but will not specify the gift amount.
Employee Giving/Payroll Deduction
Southeastern Illinois College employees may make one-time or on-going contributions to the Foundation through payroll deduction.
Restricted and Unrestricted Giving
For more information on restricted or unrestricted giving please contact the SIC Foundation office at (618) 252-5400.
What is an unrestricted gift?
An unrestricted gift is simply a gift to the Foundation with no restrictions from the donor on how it is to be used. Unrestricted gifts support Southeastern Illinois College by allowing the Foundation flexibility in determining how best to use the funds.
Why is unrestricted giving important?
Unrestricted giving is a chance for you to do the greatest good. The Foundation directs these funds to where they can have the greatest impact. Unrestricted gifts address current priorities and bring immediate benefits to the College as a whole, taking advantage of unexpected opportunities and meeting necessary challenges.
What is an Restricted gift?
A restricted gift is a gift designated toward a specific purpose.
Examples of a restricted gift
- Faculty development
- Technology and equipment
- A specific College department
Southeastern Illinois College and the SIC Foundation have joined forces to offer donors an opportunity to make major gifts for the purpose of naming campus facilities in honor of individuals, families, organizations, and businesses for their extraordinary philanthropic support of the College.
Use of Gifts
Since its inception, the Foundation has provided over ONE MILLION DOLLARS in support to the College:
- Harry L. Crisp Education Center $200,000
- Campus Living Inc. ($20,000 Foundation support paved the way to create student housing opportunities)
- Storage Buildings $65,000
- Outdoor Art Sculptures & Lobby Mural $60,000
- Permanent Art Collection $175,000
- Local Scholarships and Grants $200,000 annually
- Campus Signs $75,000
- Campus Pond Renovation & Fountain $20,000
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Grant for SIC's Building & Construction Trades Program $48,000
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Grant for SIC's Child Study Center Kitchen Project $20,000
- SIC Academic Teams Mini-Bus $30,000
- Faculty, Student, and Staff projects and activities $170,000
- Patio Renovation $10,000
- Furniture for Student Services Area $12,000
How your gifts help Southeastern Illinois College and SIC Students
Although Southeastern Illinois College is a public institution, with some funding coming from the state. This makes support from alumni, parents and friends critically important as we seek to bridge the gap between state funding and the College’s annual operating budget.
We need private support to make the difference in the lives of our students, so our students can make a difference in the world.
Your gifts help support:
- Scholarships and financial aid that allow deserving students to continue their studies
- Important and innovative student and faculty research projects
- Research opportunities and professional development for faculty
- The purchase of new scientific equipment and technology
- Cultural opportunities
- Renovation and construction of facilities and other special projects ensuring that students and faculty have the resources needed for scholarly growth
- Unrestricted resources that provide crucial, flexible resources to meet the College’s areas of greatest need
- The best education in the most conducive learning environment
Regardless of how or why you give, your gift will make a difference now, and in the future.
All gifts to the Foundation are tax deductible as allowed by law and should be made payable to the Southeastern Illinois College Foundation. The Foundation is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization. Please know that the SIC Foundation staff is available to provide you with more information about other ways you can support Southeastern Illinois College.