Illinois MIA/POW Scholarship
The Illinois MIA/POW Scholarship is an entitled program administrated through the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC). MIA/POW pays for tuition and activity fees at Illinois public community colleges and universities.
Dependents of a veteran who has been
- Declared by the Department of Defense or US Department of Veterans Affairs to be a prisoner of war; missing-in-action; or
- To have died as the result of a service-connected disability; or be permanently disabled from service-connected causes with 100% disability; and,
- Who was an Illinois resident or was an Illinois resident within six months of entering service.
Eligible dependents are entitled to full payment of tuition and certain fees to any state-supported Illinois institution of higher learning consisting of the equivalent of four (4) calendar years of full-time enrollment including summer terms (i.e., 120 points).
- Complete the Illinois MIA/POW Scholarship application form available online
- Dependent must provide our Veterans Office with the Veteran's Dependent Scholarship Card and a copy of the MIA/POW acceptance letter.