Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Chapter 31)
The Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment program assists veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs. This service is established with a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC). The VRC and veteran will create a rehabilitation plan that will specify an employment or independent living goal, identify intermediate goals, and outline services and resources that VA will provide.
- Have received, or will receive, a discharge that is other than dishonorable,
- Have a service-connected disability rating of at least 10% or a memorandum rating of 20% or more from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Entitlement to services is established if the veteran has an employment handicap and is within his or her 12-year basic period of eligibility and has a 20% or greater service-connected disability rating. If the service connected disability rating is less than 20%, or if the veteran is beyond the 12-year basic period of eligibility, then a serious employment handicap must be found to establish entitlement.
Rates vary based on veteran’s enrollment status and number of dependents. For current rates, please click here.
- Apply for VR&E services with VRC.
521 W. Main Street Suite #105
Belleville, IL 62220
- The VRC will provide the veteran with a letter of eligibility which must be brought to our Veterans Office.
- The Veteran must also provide our Veterans Office with a DD214 Member-4 copy.