Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)
On October 12, 2011, HR 2433, VOW to Hire Heroes Act was signed expanding education and training to unemployed veterans, improving the Transition Assistance Program (TAP), facilitating seamless transition from military career to civil service job, translating military skills and training to civilian sector jobs, and giving tax credits for hiring veterans and disabled veterans who are out of work.
- Be at least 35 but no more than 60 years old
- Be unemployed
- Have an other than dishonorable discharge
- Not be eligible for any other VA education benefit program
- Not be in receipt of VA compensation due to employability
- Not be enrolled in a Federal or state job training program
Eligible participants may receive up to 12 months of assistance equal to the monthly full time payment rate under the Montgomery GI Bill-Active Duty program. Participants must be enrolled in a program of education approved for VA Benefits. The program must lead to an Associate Degree or certificate for a high demand occupation.
- Must complete the VONAPP online.
- Veteran must provide our Veterans Office with a DD214 Member-4 copy.
- Veteran must provide our Veterans Office with the VA's letter of eligibility of benefits.