Student Worker Job Postings
Welcome to the Student Employment Program at Southeastern Illinois College. The student employment program was designed to provide students with part-time employment, experience, supplemental income, and educational benefits outside the classroom. Student employment also offers opportunities for students to make contact with role models in their respective field and to secure employment references.
Applications are available in the Financial Aid Office.
ENROLLMENT SERVICES STUDENT WORKER
DEPARTMENT: STUDENT AFFAIRS
REPORTS TO: SARAH ADAMS
FEDERAL WORK STUDY
HOURS: 13 PER WEEK
SUMMARY:The student worker in this position will assist with admission and registration functions. Must be available to work some mornings from 8:00 am - 10:30 am. The student must be enrolled in the current Spring 2013 semester, along with the upcoming Fall 2013 semester or enrolled in the Summer 2013 semester to be eligible for this position.
*This position is offered in semester increments and may be re-opened at the end of each semester.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Must be customer service oriented and work well with the public.
* Must function as part of a team.
* Change duties as assigned.
* Be self-motivated and complete projects in a timely manner.
* Take direction from Enrollment Services team.
* Must work assigned days and hours.
* Work front window by registering students and dropping students from classes.
* Pull student records.
* File student records and add/drop forms as needed.
* Work switchboard as assigned.
BUSINESS OFFICE STUDENT WORKER
DEPARTMENT: BUSINESS OFFICE
REPORTS TO: DAWN POOL
FEDERAL WORK STUDY
HOURS: 8 PER WEEK
SUMMARY: THE STUDENT WORKER IN THIS POSITION IS REQUIRED TO HAVE A GENERAL UNDERSTANDING OF MICROSOFT OFFICE AND BE ABLE TO PERFORM GENERAL OFFICE DUTIES. BUSINESS MAJOR PREFERRED.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* MUST PROVIDE EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND GREET PEOPLE IN A CORDIAL MANNER
* MUST HAVE GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS IN PERSON AND ON THE PHONE
* WORK WITH STUDENTS AND OTHER DEPARTMENTS TO ENSURE ACCURACY OF ACCOUNTS
* ACCEPT PAYMENTS IN PERSON, VIA EMAIL, AND OVER THE PHONE
* RECEIPTING OF CASH AND DAILY BALANCING OR CASH
* ASSIST OTHERS IN THE BUSINESS OFFICE AS ASSIGNED
Southeastern Illinois College would like to announce an upcoming job opening beginning the Summer semester for student Veterans receiving benefits through the GI Bill or Dependents and Survivors. The VA student worker would work coinciding with the Financial Aid Office.
The duties of the VA Work Study at this site are as follows:
- Maintain Veterans' files - Active, Inactive, and Pending files
- Insure files are in compliance with proper documentation for federal and state benefits
- File Veterans files and paperwork
- Advise Veterans with regards to education and other benefits
- Correspond with Veterans via email, phone, or in person
- Purge Veterans files after two years of inactivity
- Shred purge Veterans files
- Update Veterans Policy and Procedure Manual
- Send correspondences to the State of Illinois Approving Agency
- Create in-house publications and/or newsletter
- Other duties as assigned pertaining to Veterans
Applicants must possess excellent communication and computer skills. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Please submit cover letter, resume, and schedule via email to email@example.com or postal mail to:
Financial Aid Office
Southeastern Illinois College
3575 College Road
Harrisburg, IL 62946