Student Worker Job Postings
All students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the applicable academic year and be enrolled in at least six credit hours. To be eligible for a Federal Work Study position, the student must have an unmet need (see Financial Aid Office for eligibility).
How to Apply:
1. Review the available job posting(s). These positions are first come, first serve, and are filled very quickly. Please check frequently for openings.
2. Complete and print a job application and submit to the Financial Aid Department.
3. After the student has completed employment paperwork and FAFSA Verification (if applicable), the application will be forwarded to the supervisor.
4. The supervisor will contact the student for an interview.
Eldorado Memorial Public Library
COMMUNITY WORK STUDY
DEPARTMENT: COMMUNITY SERVICE
REPORTS TO: FELICIA MURRAY
HOURS: 10 PER WEEK
SUMMARY: The student worker in this position will assist at the Eldorado Memorial Public Library with duties as assigned. All workers are expected to be on time, neatly groomed, and courteous to the patrons.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be a student at Southeastern Illinois College – enrolled in the 2018-2019 academic year
- Perform all circulation duties
- Answer telephone reference questions
- Register new patrons
- Assist patrons in finding materials
- Assist patrons at the computer, microfilm/fiche reader
- Send faxes
- Photocopy materials for patrons
- Shelve books and other library materials
- Maintain bookshelves, magazine files, and library furnishings in a neat and orderly condition
- Maintain confidentiality of records
- Prepare displays and graphics
- Work hours as needed (day, evening or weekend)