Student Worker Job Postings
The student employment program was designed to provide students with part-time employment, experience, supplemental income, and educational benefits outside the classroom. Student employment also offers opportunities for students to make contacts with role models in their respective fields and to secure employment references.
All students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the applicable academic year and be enrolled in at least six credit hours. To be eligible for a Federal Work Study position, the student must have an unmet need (see Financial Aid Office for eligibility).
How to Apply:
1. Review the available job posting(s). These positions are first come, first serve, and are filled very quickly. Please check frequently for openings.
2. Complete and print a job application and submit to the supervisor listed.
3. Supervisor may require interview or reference check.
4. If hired, the student will need to complete employment paperwork including verification of eligible citizenship, W-4, and other required forms.
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES STUDENT WORKER
REPORTS TO: ED FITZGERALD
HOURS: 7 PER WEEK
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Operate lawn mowers
* Maintain mowers and other equipment
* Pick up trash from parking areas
* Clean debris from sidewalks with blower
* Prune small trees and shrubs
* Water trees and plants (indoors and out)
* Attend meetings and/or training as requested by the supervisor
* Complete reading that may be deemed necessary by immediate supervisor
* Clean snow and ice from steps and sidewalks
* Assist with the implementation and maintenance of a safe instructional environment for students and faculty addressing health and safety concerns as they arise.
*Ability to work outdoors during period of hot and cold weather
* Ability to do physically demanding work
* Must be dependable and friendly
* Willing to work early hours
FINANCIAL AID OFFICE STUDENT WORKER
REPORTS TO: EMILY HENSON
HOURS: 11 PER WEEK
* Must function as part of a team
* Assist students and parents with the FAFSA
* Be self-motivated and complete projects in a timely manner
* Take direction for the Financial Aid Team
* Must work assigned days and hours
* File financial aid applications and forms
* Receipt tuition payments
* Understand FERPA and confidentiality regulations
* Process daily ingoing and outgoing mail
* Answer and triage phone calls
* Other duties as assigned
REPORTS TO: EMILY HENSON
HOURS: UP TO 20 A WEEK
* Ensure files are in compliance with proper documentation for federal and state benefits
* File veterans' files and paperwork
* Advise veterans with regards to education and other benefits
* Correspond with veterans via email, phone, or in person
* Purge veterans' files after two years of inactivity
* Update Veterans' Policy and Procedure Manual
* Send correspondences to the State of Illinois Approving Agency
* Create in-house publications and/or newsletter
* Other duties as assigned pertaining to Veterans