Student Worker Job Postings
All students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the applicable academic year and be enrolled in at least six credit hours. To be eligible for a Federal Work Study position, the student must have an unmet need (see Financial Aid Office for eligibility).
How to Apply:
1. Review the available job posting(s). These positions are first come, first serve, and are filled very quickly. Please check frequently for openings.
2. Complete and print a job application and submit to the supervisor listed.
3. Supervisor may require interview or reference check.
4. If hired, the student will need to complete employment paperwork including verification of eligible citizenship, W-4, and other required forms.
Community Service Student WorkerFederal Work Study
- Must be a student at Southeastern Illinois College - enrolled in the 2017- 2018 academic year
- Must enjoy working with children and have the ability to interact with children
- Lead small group activities
- Tutor children with reading and phonics
- Promote positive behavior in the classroom
- Cooperate with the teachers,staff, and administration at the elementary school
- Be self-motivated and complete projects in a timely manner
INSTITUTIONAL WORK STUDY
DEPARTMENT: ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
REPORTS TO: ED FITZGERALD
HOURS: VARY ON AVAILABILITY
SUMMARY: The primary duties of this student employee will be to assist the custodial and grounds maintenance. Ability to work outdoors during periods of hot and cold weather is required. Work will be physically demanding at times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sweep and mop floors
- Clean restrooms as needed
- Empty trash
- Operate lawn mowers and other equipment
- Clean snow and ice from steps and sidewalks
- Pick up trash from parking areas
- Other duties as assigned