Student Worker Job Postings
The student employment program was designed to provide students with part-time employment, experience, supplemental income, and educational benefits outside the classroom. Student employment also offers opportunities for students to make contacts with role models in their respective fields and to secure employment references.
All students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the applicable academic year and be enrolled in at least six credit hours. To be eligible for a Federal Work Study position, the student must have an unmet need (see Financial Aid Office for eligibility).
How to Apply:
1. Review the available job posting(s). These positions are first come, first serve, and are filled very quickly. Please check frequently for openings.
2. Complete and print a job application and submit to the supervisor listed.
3. Supervisor may require interview or reference check.
4. If hired, the student will need to complete employment paperwork including verification of eligible citizenship, W-4, and other required forms.
ENROLLMENT SERVICES STUDENT WORKER
INSTITUTIONAL WORK STUDY
DEPARTMENT: STUDENT AFFAIRS
SUPERVISOR: KYLA BURFORD
HOURS: 6 PER WEEK
SUMMARY: The student worker in this position will assist with admission and registration functions. This position is offered in semester increments and may be re-opened at the end of each semester.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Must be customer service orientated and work well with the public
* Must function as part of a team
* Change duties as assigned
* Be self-motivated and complete projects in a timely manner
* Take direction from Enrollment Services team
* Must work assigned days and hours
* Work front window by registering students and dropping students from classes
* Pull student records
* File student records and add/drop forms as needed
* Work switchboard as assigned
FEDERAL WORK STUDY
DEPARTMENT: ART DEPARTMENT
SUPERVISOR: SARA DENEAL
HOURS: 6 HOURS PER WEEK
SUMMARY: This position is only for the spring 2016 semester, beginning January 11 and ending May 13. Work hours would be during life drawing class, which meets Monday and Wednesday from 1:30 to 4:20 pm.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The ability to hold a requested pose (i.e. short gestural or action poses and longer poses for more detailed study of the figure for varying times of 30 seconds to 45 minutes)
* Prefer model be generally agile and physically fit
* Required to wear form fitting clothing and undergarments
* Be comfortable posing in requested attire and able to hold positions
VETERAN SERVICES STUDENT WORKER
* Insure files are in compliance with proper documentation for federal and state benefits
* File Veterans files and paperwork
* Advise veterans with regards to education and other benefits
* Correspond with veterans via email, phone, or in person
* Purge Veterans files after two years of inactivity
* Update Veterans Policy and Procedure Manual
* Send correspondences to the State of Illinois Approving Agency
* Create in-house publications and/or newsletter
Student has the autonomy to set his/her own schedule with a maximum of 25 hours per week. If interested, please provide a resume to the Financial Aid Office by Friday, December 4, 2015.