How to Apply
Before You Apply
- Create an FSA ID for the student and parent (if applicable) to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool and electronically sign the financial aid application.
- Determine your dependency status.
- Gather your income and tax information (if applicable). For Fall 2017 through Summer 2018, you will need your 2015 income information to apply.
- Visit or call the Financial Aid Office if counseling is needed. Our office will gladly provide assistance with completing your financial aid application.
- Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov to apply for federal and state grants. This website is free and secure.
- Add Southeastern as a school of choice by using our school code: 001757.
- Students are highly encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval link to import their and/or their parents' (if applicable) 2015 tax information.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy. If corrections are needed use your FSA ID to make necessary changes online. Southeastern will also receive your application and corrections electronically from the Department of Education.
- The Financial Aid Office will notify you through your Falcon Mail if additional documents are required. Most documents may be downloaded from our website.
- After your file is complete and you are enrolled in classes, you will receive an award letter in the mail. Please read the terms and conditions, sign, and return to the Financial Aid Office.
Maintain Your Eligibility
- Please review the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for grade point average (GPA), completion rate, and degree progression requirements to continue your financial aid eligibility.
- In the event you need to drop your classes, please review our Return to Title IV policy.