How to Apply
Before You Apply
- Apply for a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to electronically sign the financial aid application.
- Determine your dependency status.
- Gather your income and tax information (if applicable). For Fall 2013 through Summer 2014, you will need your 2012 income information to apply.
- Visit or call the Financial Aid Office if counseling is needed. Our office will gladly provide assistance with completing your financial aid application.
- Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov to apply for federal and state grants. This website is free and secure.
- Add Southeastern as a school of choice by using our school code: 001757.
- Students are highly encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval link to import their's and parents' (if applicable) 2012 tax information.
- Use your PIN to electronically sign the application.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy. If corrections are needed use your PIN to make necessary changes online. Southeastern will also receive your application and corrections electronically from the Department of Education.
- The Financial Aid Office will notify you through your Falcon Mail if additional documents are required. Most documents may be downloaded from our website.
- After your file is complete and you are enrolled in classes, you will receive an award letter in the mail. Please read the terms and conditions, sign, and return to the Financial Aid Office.
Maintain Your Eligibility
- Please review the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for grade point average (GPA), completion rate, and degree progression requirements to continue your financial aid eligibility.
- In the event you need to drop your classes, please review our Return to Title IV policy.