Classes will meet and the College will be open and operative during bad weather unless the President or his/ her designee officially cancels classes. The geographic size of the College district makes possible the existence of varying weather conditions on any given day in different locations within the district. Southeastern Illinois College students will be expected to decide for themselves, based on local conditions and personal circumstances, whether or not to attend classes during periods of inclement weather. However, if the College is open and the student decides not to attend, individual class attendance policies still apply. Announcement of class cancellations due to inclement weather will be made at the earliest possible time.
Public announcements of class cancellations for any reason, weather or otherwise, will be made through the following:
• Southeastern Illinois College Homepage (http://www.sic.edu/)
• Text Message to cell phones (sign up at www.sic.edu/txtsic)
• Facebook (www.facebook.com/southeastern.illinois.college)
• Twitter (www.twitter.com/sic_edu)
• SIC switchboard (618-252-5400)
• Some local media may also be notified