Small Business Development Center
Who We Are
The Workforce & Illinois Small Business Development Center (WISBDC) at Southeastern Illinois College is a part of the Illinois Small Business Development Center Network which serves as a dynamic, integrated, small business assistance delivery system. The Network's mission is to increase the competitiveness, profitability and growth of Illinois businesses in a global economy. The WISBDC has been developed through a partnership involving the U.S. Small Business Administration, the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity and the college as a service to Illinois small businesses in Gallatin, Hardin, Pope, Saline and White counties and portions of Hamilton, Johnson and Williamson counties.
At the WISBDC at SIC, our staff includes experienced business counselors and other support staff specialized in helping your business grow. Our personnel are courteous, professional and our goal is to empower and equip small businesses with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in today's changing business environment.
The WISBDC at SIC offers a wide array of business support services including counseling, workshops, computer classes and customized training. Specific areas of counseling and training include:
- Business Plan Development and Financial Projections
- Strategic Planning, Leadership Coaching and Organizational Streamlining
- Financial Analysis - Including cash flow, AR/AP, profit & loss, etc.
- Sales and marketing - increasing market penetration, developing a sales and marketing strategy, market analysis, increasing web presence, staff training and corporate branding
- Regulatory Compliance Help - Understanding regulations and agencies involved like the IRS, State of Illinois, county government, city government, health departments, EPA, OSHA and more.
- CPR & Workforce Training
- Business Start-up Training Intensives
- WBE/MBE/Veteran Business Support
Any owner or manager of a small business or anyone thinking of starting a business in Illinois may be a client
All counseling and business support services at the WISBDC are offered at no charge to our clients. Some classes, workshops and copied materials may have a minimal charge.
If you are interested in starting your own business or if you own a small business and would like to learn more about the center, please stop by 3575 College Road, Harrisburg, IL 62946 or call us at 618-252-5001 to set up an appointment today with one of our skilled counselors. You can also follow what's happening with our SBDC by following us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/isbdcsic.
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.