The Southeastern Illinois College Foundation hosts special events throughout the year to help raise funds for scholarships, programs and services to provide lifelong learning. We appreciate those who partner with us to bring these events to the community, those who sponsor the events and those who come out to support our students at the events.
Some of this year's events include:
- Brenner Buddy Bass Tournament: Generally held on the first Saturday in June, this tournament is held on the Ohio River's Smithland Pool in Golconda. It is a five-fish limit with an 80 percent guaranteed payout. Last year included over 40 boats and awarded more than $5,000 in prize money.
- Big 20 Bow Fishing Tournament: The SIC Foundation and the SIC Archery Team co-host an all-night bow fishing tournament in July to raise awareness of the troublesome invasive fish population in the Midwest and generate money for the team and the Foundation. There is a guaranteed payout of $1,000 for first place with a minimum 20 boat field. Last year brought in over 2,000 pounds of invasive fish from the Ohio River.
- Giving Tuesday: #GivingTuesday is a global giving movement that has been built by individuals, families, organizations, businesses and communities in all 50 states and in countries around the world. For Southeastern Illinois College, #GivingTuesday is about the students. Our goal is to have 100 donors give a gift of any amount to demonstrate their commitment to helping students succeed. All donations received will be split between the SIC Foundation and the Alumni and Friends Association to go towards scholarship opportunities.
- Holiday Dinner and a Musical: Each year the SIC Theatre Department works with the Foundation to sponsor a dinner to accompany tickets to the fall musical. This year is Miracle on 34th Street. The classic movie comes to the stage on Dec. 1, 2017, at 7 p.m. with dinner and silent auction at 5:45 p.m. for only $25 per person.
- Breakfast with Santa: The Foundation works with campus clubs and groups to host a pancake Breakfast with Santa each year for only $5 per person. This year, the event will be held on Dec. 2, 2017, 9-11 a.m. and includes a number of activities, such as letters to Santa, face painting, games and more, plus a picture and a visit with the jolly man himself!
- Friendly Feud: The SIC Foundation is partnering with the Harrisburg Medical Center Foundation to bring in a new event to the community on Feb. 3, 2018, to raise money for both the Emergency Department expansion at HMC and student scholarships and support at SIC. The event will be held at Morello's in Harrisburg and includes a game show with some local celebrities and a silent auction. The cost is $45 per ticket.
If you would like to help raise money for student scholarships and support by sponsoring an upcoming event or donating a silent auction or raffle item, please contact Alli Armstrong at (618) 252-5400 Ext. 2104 or email@example.com.