The Southeastern Illinois College Foundation hosts special events throughout the year to help raise funds for scholarships, programs and services to provide lifelong learning. We appreciate those who partner with us to bring these events to the community, those who sponsor the events and those who come out to support our students at the events.
2019-20 events include:
- Brenner Buddy Bass Tournament: This annual event will be held June 1, 2019, on the Ohio River's Smithland Pool in Golconda. It is a five-fish limit with an 80 percent guaranteed payout. In 2018, the event included 30 boats and awarded more than $3,600 in prize money.
- Big 20 Bow Fishing Tournament: The SIC Foundation and the SIC Archery Team co-host an all-night bow fishing tournament in July to raise awareness of the troublesome invasive fish population in the Midwest and generate money for the team and the Foundation. Last year brought in over 2,000 pounds of invasive fish from the Ohio River. The fourth annual tournament will take place June 22, 2019, at 7 p.m. to June 23 at 7 a.m. The cost is $150 per boat for a four-person team. Maximum field is 30 boats. Unfortunately this event had to be cancelled due to flooding in 2019.
- Zombie Archery Shoot: The SIC Archery Team and the SIC Foundation are co-hosting the second annual Zombie Shoot October 18-19, 2019, on the Archery Range and Indoor Archery Center! For just $15 per archer (bring your own bow and arrows or dialed down crossbows), guests can "hunt" the 15 zombies -- some of which will "bleed" when shot! An additional $5 money shoot will be a 50/50 win for the archer closest to the kill zone for "Undead Fred!" Proceeds will benefit both the archery team and student scholarships.
- Holiday Paint Party: On Saturday, November 23, 2019, at 5 p.m., the SIC Foundation will host a paint party for all ages, let by SIC Art Instructor, Sara DeNeal. The cost is only $20 and includes the show in the theatre at 7 p.m. This year's show is A Charlie Brown Christmas. Register by November 18!
- Breakfast with Santa: The Foundation works with campus clubs and groups to host a pancake Breakfast with Santa each year for only $5 per person. This year, the event will be held on Dec 7, 2019, 9-11 a.m. and includes a number of activities, such as letters to Santa, face painting, games and more, plus a picture and a visit with the jolly man himself!
- Concert for a Cause - Howl at the Moon Dueling Pianos: The SIC Foundation is partnering with the Ferrell Hospital Foundation again this year on Saturday, Feb. 15, 2020. Doors open for dinner at 5:30 p.m. and the show begins at 7. Tickets are $35 per person, $60 per couple or $250 for a table of eight. Sponsorships are also available.
- Veterans Memorial - Old Glory Brick Campaign: Student Government along with the college and SIC Foundation will honor our country’s servicemen and women with a campus memorial. Bricks will be on sale through May 2020.
If you would like to help raise money for student scholarships and support by sponsoring an upcoming event or donating a silent auction or raffle item, please contact Alli Armstrong at (618) 252-5400 Ext. 2104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.