Online Student Orientation
Do you need help learning to navigate your online class?
Beginning with the Summer 2016 term, ALL online and hybrid courses will be taught through the eLearning platform, which is accessed through your My.SIC account.
If you have only taken online courses in Angel, it is important for you to attend one of these orientation sessions!
This platform is MUCH DIFFERENT than Angel.
If you have no past experience or are only self-taught using the eLearning program, it is highly recommended that you attend one of the following 1 hour sessions.
On-Campus Orientation Sessions
Monday, June 6
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am in room B224
- 2:00 am - 3:00 am in room B224
Tuesday, June 7
- 11:00am - 12:00 pm in Room B224
- 4:00pm - 5:00 pm in Room B224
Wednesday, June 8
- 9:00am - 10:00am in Room B224
You will be able to access your online course(s) on Monday, June 6.
We are working to create an online version of our eLearning orientation, but it not yet ready.
If you are new to My.SIC, below are instructions to set up your account and access your eLearning course(s)
- From the SIC homepage (www.sic.edu) and click on "my.SIC" link at the top of the page.
Key your Student ID Number in the MySIC User Name. Key in 1234 as your Password. This is to get you to the Invalid Password screen. Click Login.
- Click I forgot my password link. Click Send New Password to have a temporary MySIC password emailed to your Falcon Mail email account. Be sure to refresh your Falcon Mail browser session to receive the new email. If you do not see this link or receive an error, submit a support request using the link at the bottom of page.
Copy and Paste this temporary password from Falcon Mail into the My.SIC password. Once logged in to MySIC, we recommend changing your password to same as Falcon Mail using the Personal Info link next to your name.
Proceed to the steps below.....
If you are not new to My.SIC, here is how to locate your course(s)
Log into your regular My.SIC account.
Click the "My Classes" tab just under the dark blue bar.
Your courses will appear in the "All My Courses" box.
Click on a course title to open that course.
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 618-252-5400, ext 2265 or ext 2124.