Online Student Orientation
Do you need help learning to navigate your online class?
We're here to help!
All online and hybrid courses are taught through Jenzabar eLearning, and are accessed through your my.SIC login.
If you have no past experience with the Jenzabar eLearning platform, it is highly recommended that you attend one of the following one-hour sessions.
-- OR --
Go through each of the lessons and watch the videos included in the online version of our orientation (OSO).
See "Online Student Orientation (OSO)" section below for details.
Face-to-Face Orientation Sessions
Monday, June 3
- 10:00 am - 11:00 pm in room B224
- 2:00 - 3:00 pm in room B224
Tuesday, June 4
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm in room B224
- 4:00 - 5:00 pm in room B224
Wednesday, June 5
- 9:00 - 10:00 am in room B224
Monday, August 12
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm in room B224
- 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm in room B224
Tuesday, August 13
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am in room B224
- 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm in room B224
Wednesday, August 14
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am in room B224
- 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm in room B224
Online Student Orientation (OSO)
All students in online and hybrid courses will have access to the online version of our Online Student Orientation (OSO) session.
OSO contains lessons with step-by-step directions as well as videos that walk you through completion of all of the tasks associated with your online class.
The online course also provides a place to practice:
* Uploading Assignments
* Taking Quizzes
* Posting to Discussion Forums
* Sending Email to Instructors
* Getting the Help You Need
If you're concerned about making a mistake in your actual online course, this is the perfect place to practice those tasks until you feel comfortable.
OSO will remain on our current list of courses, so if you forget how to complete a task in eLearning, you can find the lesson as a refresher.
OSO is FREE, non-credit, and optional, so there is nothing to lose. Online Student Orientation will appear in your list of regular courses, as shown in the image below.
You will have access to your Summer 2019 online and hybrid course(s) on:
Monday, June 3, 2019