Online Courses and Programs
Southeastern has been named as one of the BEST online colleges
in the country!
Center for Online Education: 50 Best Online Community Colleges for 2016-17
Anytime, Anywhere Learning
Southeastern Illinois College recognizes that in today’s busy world, many individuals who wish to attend college are limited by their work schedules and other commitments. Online courses and programs provide students who need a flexible schedule with the opportunity to take fully accredited college courses by studying on their computer at home, or anywhere they have an Internet connection.
Students can complete individual courses or earn their Associate degree or certificate online.
Southeastern Illinois College is proud to participate in the nation-wide SARA program (State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement) which ensures overall quality of the program and allows us to accept online students from nearly every state in the country. For information on student benefits, see the NC-SARA website. For a map of participating states, see this NC-SARA map.
Southeastern offers a wide variety of online classes each semester. To see all of the courses Southeastern has to offer, click here.
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/Southeastern.Online
Online Degrees Available
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in Applied Science – Early Childhood Education
- Associate in Applied Science - Business Management
- Associate in Applied Science - Criminal Justice
Online Certificates Available
- Biodiesel Production certificate
- Bioenergy Production certificate
- Biofuels Production (Fast Track) certificate
- Biofuels Technology & Sustainability certificate
- Ethanol Production certificate
Is Online Learning Right for Me?
Not sure whether online learning is a good fit for you? Take the OASIS online assessment offered by Illinois Online Network to find out! Click here: OASIS
Having technical difficulties with your online class?
- Online and hybrid courses are now accessed through your MySIC portal. Once logged into MySIC, click the "My Classes" tab on the top dark blue menu. Courses appear in the "All My Courses" section of the page.
- If you have technical problems, please complete an online help request by clicking here: Student Support Request
- Or you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 618-252-5400, ext 2265 or ext 2124.
Southeastern Illinois College is committed to resolving student complaints in a prompt and fair manner. The College works diligently to find positive resolutions to all student concerns. Please try to exhaust all avenues of complaint resolution before going outside the College.
If you have a complaint that needs to be addressed, please follow the process outlined here: General Student Grievance Procedures. Questions regarding the complaint process should be directed to the Dean for Student Services and Enrollment.
If you are an Out of State student and have a complaint that you feel has not been resolved through the General Student Grievance Procedure, you may file a complaint with the state in which you reside. In compliance with the Federal Department of Education regulations, Southeastern provides this list of State Agencies with contact information for each state: Student Complaint Information by State. You may also contact the Illinois Community College Board when seeking a resolution.